PARENTS SPEAK UP CONTEST TERMS (the “Terms”)
The Parents Speak Up Again contest(“Contest”) is a video campaign organized by Helen Doron Ltd. (“Helen Doron”). This Contest is aimed at sharing the experiences of parents whose children are enrolled in our English programmes around the world, and is operated by the Helen Doron English brand.
- The Parents Speak Up Again Contest (“PSUA”) will commence on March 10,
- Participation in the PSUA Contest is reserved for Helen Doron students’ The learning centres, learning studios, or self-employed teachers, acknowledge that they can only accept videos submitted by student’ parents of the Helen Doron English (“HDE”) learning centres (“LC”), or HDE learning studios (“LS”) or with an HDE self-employed teachers (“SET”).
- Each participant in the Contest will be referred to in these terms as “Parent“.
- To enter the PSUA Contest, Parent must create a video (the “Video“) and submit it to a Helen Doron LC/LS/SET where the Parent’s child is currently enrolled, starting on March 10th, 2023 and ending on May 31st, 2023, at 23:59.
- Prior to providing the Video, the Parent must sign the consent form, which indicates Parent’s consent to: (i) have the Video used by Helen Doron (including Helen Doron’s sister companies/subsidiaries) and its franchisees, subject to Helen Doron’s discretion, in any channel, publication, social media, websites, promotion or advertisement; and (ii) Parent’s consent to the Terms herein (the “Consent Form”) all as further detailed in such Consent Form available at HDE LC, LS or SET.
- Helen Doron reserves the right to publish the winner’s name, country and photo
and run a short interview with him/her.
To qualify as a participant, the Video submitted by Master Franchisee (“MF”) on behalf of and with consent of the Parent, must comply with the following guidelines:
- Length of Video must be 30 to 60
- The Quality of the Video must be in HD or Full The Video may be taken by smartphone; however, all Video images and audio must be clear.
- Audio Quality: Please make sure the Video is filmed in a quiet environment, and that the video is clear and audible (for example, it is recommended not to film by a busy road, or in an empty room where sound may echo).
- Videos can’t include any offensive, libellous, copyrighted or inappropriate
- Videos can be of one Parent, or both Parents, but not a group of
- Videos must not feature
- Background – the video should be filmed against an aesthetic background. If taken in the learning centre/studio, the branding décor must be updated to our 2020 or 2023
- Language – the Parents may speak in their local language or in English.
For clarity, HD must receive the Video with English subtitles in SRT (SubRip Subtitle file), or VTT (Video Text Tracks) format by upload on the campaign’s dedicated uploading landing page.
9. Content- Suggested topics
- My child’s Helen Doron experience.
- Why did I enroll my child in Helen Doron?
- My child’s achievements since joining joined the Helen Doron English centre/studio.
- Helen Doron has the right and full discretion to reject any Video it finds inappropriate, including but not limited to: inappropriate length, incorrect format, unintelligible English or improper upload labelling.
The Winning Video: Prize
- There will be one grand prize, a single Helen Doron English course for the following school year, free of charge, awarded to the Winning Video, as decided by a panel of judges (hereinafter: the “Grand Prize”).
- There will be one prize per MF, a free student kit for the following school year, subject to the nomination condition of submitting a minimum of 3 videos that were approved and qualified by Helen Doron. (hereinafter: the “MF Prize”).
- Only qualified Videos in compliance with all the provisions of these Terms will be candidates. The Grand Prize and MF Prize will be chosen by Helen Doron Head Office Judging Committee (hereinafter: the “Judging Committee”) and the decision will be final.
- The Grand Prize and MF Prize will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the review
- Articulation and persuasion of the speaker
- Video quality & engagement potential
- Announcement of the Winning Video: The Winning Video will be announced on June 15th, 2023 (“Announcement “).
- If the winners of the Grand Prize and MF Prize cannot be contacted within thirty (30) days after the Announcement, Helen Doron will be entitled to request that the Judging Committee select an alternate winning Video among the PSUA
- The Grand Prize and MF Prize will be awarded in the following school
- Grand Prize and MF Prize awarded herein has no alternative and may not be exchanged for any other goods or services.
- The Grand Prize and MF Prize as stated are non-
- Publishing the participating Videos. The submitted Videos may be uploaded to the Helen Doron website/s or its marketing assets and channels/platforms.
Ownership of Contest entries and Related Intellectual Property Rights
By submitting the Video and any accompanying material, Parent agrees to:
- assign to Helen Doron (including Helen Doron’s sister companies/ subsidiaries) all intellectual property rights in the Video with a full title guarantee. If the Video is created by a third party, the third party must be made aware and agree to these Terms and by submission of the Video, Parent guarantees that any third-party rights in the Video are assigned to Helen Doron Ltd.
- waive all moral rights in the Video and otherwise arising in connection with the Video to which Parent may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright Act 2007 as amended from time to time or under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- clear all copyright, moral rights and rights of personality for all content, including with respect to the music and to any people appearing in the Video. Failure to clear these rights will result in the removal of the entry from candidacy in the
- If the assignment of the intellectual property in the Video and/or the waiver of moral rights cannot be performed, Parent agrees to grant to Helen Doron (including Helen Doron’s sister companies/ subsidiaries) and their affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, partners and any authorised licensee of Helen Doron, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to broadcast, use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Video and any accompanying materials for such purposes and in any media for purposes related to the Contest as Helen Doron sees fit, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Video and any accompanying
- Parent also grants Helen Doron the right to use Parent’s first name, photo, age and country for the purpose of identifying Parent as part of winner
- By executing the Consent Form and submitting a Video, Parent confirms that Parent has read these Terms, accepts these Terms and any additional terms indicated therein.
- Helen Doron requires submitting the duly signed Consent Form in writing by the Parent to the respective LC/LS/SET in which the Parent’s child is enrolled. The duly executed Consent Form is a condition to submitting a Video and claiming the Grand Prize.
- If Helen Doron does not receive a written Consent Form duly signed by the Parent appearing in the Video, then Helen Doron may award the Grand Prize and MF Prize to the next in line among the runners-up or among the other Videos submitted for which Helen Doron is able to gain such Consent Form.
- The Grand Prize and MF Prize will not be given unless proof of identity is received. If satisfactory proof of identity is not received within fourteen (14) days of Helen Doron’s request, the winning Parent will forfeit the Grand Prize and Helen Doron reserves the right to choose a different Grand Prize and MF Prize.
- Participation in the Contest is at Parent’s own free choice and risk, Helen Doron Ltd. doesn’t make any representations or guarantees any winnings, certain outcome, profits or that any purpose will be achieved by participating in the PSUA
- Helen Doron is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incorrect, late, garbled or delayed electronic or other communications or other technical problems related to the Website, the Internet, or the network of any service
- No purchase is
- Helen Doron accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by Parent as a result of entering the Contest or accepting the Prize. Helen Doron disclaims liability for any injury, damage, costs or expenses incurred by Parent or any other persons relating to or resulting from creating the Video, participation in the Contest or downloading any materials in connection with the Contest.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Helen Doron, its agents or distributors will not under any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of participating in the PSUA Contest except where it is caused by the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Helen Doron or that of their employees. Parent’s statutory rights are not affected.
- Helen Doron reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this PSUA Contest with or without prior
- The decision of Helen Doron in all matters under its control is final and
- Helen Doron shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- In the event of a dispute, Helen Doron’s decision shall be final and legally
binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Contest will be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of
- These Terms are deemed fully executed and approved by Parent’s signature on
the Consent Form to the PSUA Contest Participation.